06 August 2014

Weekend Treasures

Happy Wednesday everyone!

If you happenedto beawake extrwamly early EST this past Saturday and you follow me on twitter, then you may know that I decided to wakeup at thecrack of dawn to go yard sale-ing (is that even the right thing to call it?)

I went with one ofmy friends, who is about to start their first year as a teacher, and she wanted to see if she could find anything she could use in her classroom. I wasn't expecting to find anything, but I am starting to look apartments and furniture to go in that apartment. Right now I am still living at home, and being that I just turned twenty a month ago I am still taking advantage of that. (Butiam also super ready to have myown place, even if its a small studio apartment with super high rent and it forces me to become really good at budget my money very quickly.)

Anyway I got a little off topic...

Even though I wasn't expecting to find anything I took fourty dollars with me just in case. I knew that some things like a dining set or sofa I wouldn't beable to get because whatever I found I have to store it in my small bedroom at home until I move.


The first thing that I found is a small cylinder shaped glass container. It bought it for ¢25. I was really happy when I found it because I have been looking for something like this to store my shampoo in ever since switched to using shampoo bars from LUSH instead of liquid shampoo.






The second, and last, thing that I found, and that I am extremely proud of, is a small round nightstand. It has a marble top with a metal designed rim around it and three legs. The second I saw it I fell in love and knew that I could use it even before I move out. It was being sold for $25 but I got the seller to sell it to me for $15.

(sorry for the bad image, it was taken with my phone)


I knew that this table was awesome as it was when I bought it, but I also knew that it had more potential too. The same night I went to Lowes home improvement to look at paint chips and ended up buying a small sample size of Pantone paint in the color 'Radiant Orchid' and painted the legs of the table.



And on the top I keep products that I find myself using a lot at the moment along with my stock of shampoo and a weird little puzzle thing and some jewellery.


'Til next time!
Ashton                x

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love the glass container! It's lovely! When I get round to redecorating my room, I'll be looking for similar glass containers to fill with fairy lights :)

    lilhm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like a little kid in a candy shop when I found it! That would be such a cute idea with the fairy lights! I never thought of that, especially if you have two or three different sized containers!! :)

      Delete